Free TLI Open Houses Begin June 29-30 at Linde Center
Tanglewood Learning Institute (TLI) Open Houses are free community events, open to participants of all ages, during the inaugural weekend of the new Linde Center for Music and Learning at Tanglewood. Join us for musical performances, conversations with artists and composers and engaging, interactive activities for children and families.
June 29, 9 am—12 pm, Linde Center
- Tanglewood Music Center trombones with BSO Principal Trombone Toby Oft
- Music and movement class for all abilities led by Lauren Grant from Mark Morris Dance Group
- Temporary tattoos
- Instrument Playground
- Boston University Tanglewood Institute String Quartet Workshop Recital and Talkback led by Peter Zazofsky
- Meet the Makers
- Percussion demonstration and tryout
June 30, 1—5 pm, Linde Center
- WBUR’s Circle Round podcast live taping with actors Jane Kaczmarek, Lauren Ambrose, Thomas Sadoski, and Campbell Scott, and three BSO musicians
- Temporary Tattoos
- Instrument Playground
- Tanglewood Music Center basses with the BSO’s Todd Seeber
- Tanglewood Music Center winds with BSO Principal Bassoon Richard Svoboda
- Weird and Wonderful Musical Instruments
- Boston University Tanglewood Institute Instrumental Concert
For more information, visit TLI.org
Tanglewood Forever News and Updates
The donor-funded Tanglewood Forever campaign, which continues through August 31, 2019, has surpassed its $64 million goal, raising $70 million as of July 8, 2019. Fundraising efforts—also in support of the new year-round programming opportunities made possible by Tanglewood’s first-ever four-season venue, the Linde Center—will continue past Tanglewood forever campaign completion.
As the Linde Center rounds into its final form, the new Ozawa Hall Gate structures continue to come together, providing a new glimpse at Tanglewood’s future.
TLI’s programming offering participants a wide spectrum of dynamic, engaging, and thought-provoking cross-cultural activities.
As the new studios at the Linde Center for Music and Learning are tuned and acoustically calibrated, the structures at the Ozawa Gate continue to take shape.
Tanglewood’s major new four-building multi-use complex for performance and learning—opening in summer 2019—will be named the Linde Center for Music and Learning in recognition of leadership gifts made by Joyce and Edward H. Linde and their family.
You can help the BSO ensure that Tanglewood remains vibrant and unique among summer festivals by supporting Tanglewood Forever. Donate online now, or contact the BSO Development Office at 617-638-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.